SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today i bought a cold air intake and figured id remove the turbo silencer and hood insulation. I did it all but when i removed the pipe that the turbo silencer was in i forgot which way it went back. I replaced it the way i thought . I drove it and when i drive normal and let off the gas slowly it makes a humming noise. like someone blowing over an open glass bottle. When i accelerate quickly and let off quickly it makes a nice whoosh sound like a BOV. could it be that pipe. and does anybody know which way that pipe goes? I attatched a picture of what it looks like now

Attachments

·
Registered
606 Posts
since you removed the hood insulation you could be hearing your trans hum a little bit among other things. if the pipe fits and the clamps are tight then i wouldnt worry too much.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Both are normal sounds from the turbo bypass valve when you remove the silencer, airbox and hood insulation.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think the pipe is backwards but if everything is tight it won't make a difference.

·
Registered
606 Posts
well, you took the sound proofing off of a mechanical thing. there are going to be sounds that you havent heard before. if you arent having any boost issues or any cel codes it would be safe to say that it is normal. i have the sound proofing off of my car and it made the actual motor inside the car a lot louder. i enjoy it like that but if it worries you, try putting it back on and see if it goes away.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
so the sounds are normal?/nothing i can do? what makes it do this
Wooshing noise is normal - air being released by the turbo BPV. Many people like this sound. Bottle blowing sound is the same valve partialy open due to the throttle partial vacuum - they are often called 'hooter' valves.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts