SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I got my hands on a rear seatback that's in much better shape that the one in the car (middle top is completely ripped up from POs not being careful when folding down for cargo) but having trouble getting the old one out.

Specifically, I've removed the steel 'snap tensioners' (or whatever they're properly called) from holding the pins in on either side of the seat back. The only thing holding the back in now are the plastic 'clips' (bushings?) that the big steel pins seem to be simply snapped into. I'm sure I can force the pins up and out of those clips but I'm afraid of breaking them as I don't have replacements. Is there a trick I'm missing or is it just brute force to pull the seat up and out of them?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Most people break those plastic things when removing the seat, it took me 3 cars to be able to remove them without breaking them.

you can use snap ring pliers to open up the plastic thingy from the bottom and another pliers to pull it out, you need to be careful but those thing can open up a lot without breaking.

When you open them up they tend to twist so it is a bit tricky but is possible.

once you remove them you slide the seat to the side and it will come out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot for the reply but I got impatient and used the brute force method. One big screwdriver and some leverage and I was able to pop them out; the white bushings survived. Getting the black protective washers off each of the posts proved to be a little uglier though; one didn't make it to the new seat. Luckily, it doesn't appear that they do a whole lot.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
the black clips basically keep it central so the seat cannot slip out the 'U' support, but they usually come off without breaking, but you can press the seat from one side onse spring clips(on outside) are removed, and lift one side out, then just push it back to get the other out(have done it many times lol)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts