SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ’99 9-3 convertible. Common problem as I understand, one of the soft top hydraulic hoses has failed (large split, gushes hydraulic oil). With the help of the WIS I’m confident I can remove the hose attachment at the cylinder. However, I have no idea how to remove the hose attachment at the pump. The fitting is crimped on. All the information I have seen says simply “connect the hose”. As the pump is very expensive, I want to make sure I disconnect the hose without damaging the pump. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
there are 4 torx screws around all the lines i think t-15 if not around that size, and anyways you have to loosen all 4 of them and then wiggle it out. just did this over the weekend fixing one of my hoses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You da man!

Worked like a charm! There were 3 torque screws, t-20. Had to take the one closest to the hose all the way out, but it popped right out then. You have no idea how many hours I wasted searching for this simple answer. Thanks again. Now if I can only find a replacement hose. Thesaabsite tells me all hoses are backordered nationwide. Looking locally for someone to build me one. Top going down soon! ;ol;

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
which line do you need? i couldnt get any brand new so i found a local dealer for used saab parts and got all the lines for a decent price. I would suggest you try to do the same or i may be able to sell u the one i got as long as i dont need it, i know i have a few more line i want to change tho let me know which one u need

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks condaddy. For now, the rest of the hoses are peeling too, it's the upper hose to the passenger side main cylinder. I think it’s hose letter U – 1850mm. Let me know and thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
there is a company in California that makes the hoses as well and a company in England. They are pricey no matter which way you go but the ones from England are less expensive.
I was actually able to refit my previous hose failure using some yankee engineering on the same line and blew another one yesterday, probably the main....I haven't had the heart to look yet.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts