SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took apart my pass seat last night, turns out the viggen foam will fit just fine on the ng900 seat frames. Although the 9-3 trim may need to be used.

My question is how do you get the heater elements which seem to be glued inbetween the ng900 foam and a surface element?

Also has anybody completely seperated the foam from the seat backs? Or takend the seat apart into the seat and back section?

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is what I have learned, I will basically need to replace the elements.

9-3 Seat heater elements:
4883088 Upper (check trim code) Correct for camel beige Viggen
4883062 Lower (check trim code) Correct for camel beige Viggen
5081823 Lower (codes F07,N07,K07,& K12 )

ng900 Seat heater elements:
4211595 Upper
4063848 Lower (without adjustable)
4804324 Lower (94-97)
4232484 Lower (97-98 )

Looks like about $200 per side to put in new heating elements. My next question, does the 9-3 style one plug into a main seat harnes from a ng900?

Also, how do I seperate the 2 seat halves?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Tweek's Turbos said:
My question is how do you get the heater elements which seem to be glued inbetween the ng900 foam and a surface element?

Also has anybody completely seperated the foam from the seat backs? Or takend the seat apart into the seat and back section?
Instructions from WIS:

To remove

NOTE. Make sure that the heating pad circuit really is inoperative by connecting a buzzer scrod the backrest's two terminals (yellow lead in the 8-pin connector by the seat frame and black lead in the connector between the seat cushion and backrest).

1. Remove the seat-cushion upholstery fabric

2. Remove the heating pad from the foam padding, using benzene. Exercise care to ensure that large pieces of the padding do not come away.

NOTE Wear protective gloves when using benzene.

3. Remove the connector mounted in the seat frame.

4. Remove the heating pad wiring from the connector. Mark the leads and note their positions in the connector.

5. Unplug the connector between seat-cushion and backrest wiring.

----------------

It might be way easier to just buy another whole seat from a wrecker. I currently have the same problem as you, my drivers seat no longer heats up, but the passangers seat works fine, as does the rear seat. I think its easier to just source a whole seat from a wreck.

·
Registered
867 Posts
$200 per seat is alot. I've seen complete aftermarket addons for less than that. These failed regularly in my old 1996S until I gave up and just wired in a replacement bottom pad from an old C900. I cut the pad down a little to fit and then just shoved it in over the old one. The wires were much thicker on the old units and so they don't break like the NG900 and OG9-3's do. No problems over the last two winters.
Don't forget to check the little thermostat and its connections too. It's an easy fix if that's the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts