SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new here and looking for anyone with info on installing an aftermarket remote start on a 2008 9-7x. I have had some people tell me I need to give up a key and some say no. this makes it a little confusing. I have done several remotestarts in the past so I may decide to give it a shot if I could get any wiring info also. I have been told it's the same as a trailblazer except with passkey 3. thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
r

mikeucr said:
Will something like that void the warranty?
no it won't void warranty, if you have a problem alot of dealers will try to tell you voided the warranty because you installed an aftermarket item, the only way you could void it would be if the dealer tech can prove that what you installed caused any problems to the vehicle. don't get me wrong if a "hack installer" cuts into a wiring harness and causes blown fuses or fries a module then yes the warranty would be voided.
the key to adding anything is to buy quality parts and pay quality labor dollars. don't get ripped off with labor charges but make sure that you aren't paying $50 for a $150 job.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
remote

If anyones interested, the remote start can be done fairly easy. I did mine yesterday and it took me about 2 hrs. works great.

·
Registered
90 Posts
xsdbs said:
If anyones interested, the remote start can be done fairly easy. I did mine yesterday and it took me about 2 hrs. works great.
Interested.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
9-7x remote starter install

Butters said:
Interested.
I used the ultra start unit # U1175tl. it's a single button remote for start only. For the passkey3 interface I used the GMBP made by trilogix. If you have a dei dealer close to you they should have it. DEI bought out trilogix last year. at the ignition switch there are:
3 main ignition wires, pink, yellow and white
2 accessory wires, orange and brown
1 starter wire
the remote start has 2 ign outputs and 1 acc output, for the extra 2 outputs you can do 1 of 2 things : either use relays and use the orange wire ( ground when running) from the remote start to trigger the relay or what I did was to used diodes, the wires are not of high current so the diodes worked great.
some shops had told me that I would have to give up a key and put it in a transponder bypass box but as stated above I went with the GMBP, it works off a data signal and only cost $45 instead of $183 for a spare key and the $50 that a dealer would charge for programming.( after thinking about this a little more the programming would be for the keyless entry part) the dealer would try to tell you different but if you look in your owners manual it will tell you how to program an extra key alone. sounds like alot but if you have general knowledge on electrical you should be able to handle this. hope the info helps.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I used the ultra start unit # U1175tl. it's a single button remote for start only. For the passkey3 interface I used the GMBP made by trilogix. If you have a dei dealer close to you they should have it. DEI bought out trilogix last year. at the ignition switch there are:
3 main ignition wires, pink, yellow and white
2 accessory wires, orange and brown
1 starter wire
the remote start has 2 ign outputs and 1 acc output, for the extra 2 outputs you can do 1 of 2 things : either use relays and use the orange wire ( ground when running) from the remote start to trigger the relay or what I did was to used diodes, the wires are not of high current so the diodes worked great.
some shops had told me that I would have to give up a key and put it in a transponder bypass box but as stated above I went with the GMBP, it works off a data signal and only cost $45 instead of $183 for a spare key and the $50 that a dealer would charge for programming.( after thinking about this a little more the programming would be for the keyless entry part) the dealer would try to tell you different but if you look in your owners manual it will tell you how to program an extra key alone. sounds like alot but if you have general knowledge on electrical you should be able to handle this. hope the info helps.

So you did this yourself ? Or brought it into someone to have it done ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts