SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 1999 9-5 SE sedan and it is a fantastic car. Not had many problems, only the dreaded DI Cassette which hurt! Anyway I went to open the car with the remote and nothing worked. It was like the battery was dead flat on the remote. The same with my wifes remote. Mine was fine the day beofore and no warning on the SID that it was flat. The doors all unlock manually so I'm guessing it is a problem with the receiving unit but I have no idea where it is or what to do. Any suggestions? Thanks, Grant

·
Registered
1 Posts
check that the ignition barrel is popping up properly when you remove the key, it should be flush with the plastic surround. if it does not pop up fully the remotes will not work. if needed give it a good clean with WD40

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Where is the receiving unit located? Does it take batteries as well or is it powered from the car battery?
Behind the rear heat vents on the back of the console. You can grab the top of the plastic and pull straight up to remove the entire piece and you will find the remote receiver unit tucked inside the rear of the console, it is powered by 12v.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts