SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember rear headrest glue problem?
Glue residue

Took my car to the dealer to have them clean it up. They just decided to order a new seat cover and headrests. I felt they didnt need to to that far, but if i can get new leather in the back so be it.

They also replaced my blinker wond and fixed my cruise control problem..
cruise control cutting out

And to wrap things up, they are also removing the front seats to secure the j-clips on the seat rails and replacing that card holder on my center council because it pops off whenever i hit a bump.

This is the first time Ivd ever seen a dealer work so hard to make it right.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Geeves said:
Remember rear headrest glue problem?
Glue residue

Took my car to the dealer to have them clean it up. They just decided to order a new seat cover and headrests. I felt they didnt need to to that far, but if i can get new leather in the back so be it.

They also replaced my blinker wond and fixed my cruise control problem..
cruise control cutting out

And to wrap things up, they are also removing the front seats to secure the j-clips on the seat rails and replacing that card holder on my center council because it pops off whenever i hit a bump.

This is the first time Ivd ever seen a dealer work so hard to make it right.

Which dealer? Where are you located? I think it's important to give credit where it's due...good or otherwise. Might make dealers think twice the next time they try to screw the consumer!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Good to hear that you got it sorted. As i said in the other thread i managed to clean it all up. I have a dealer appointment coming up in a couple of weeks, if the problem's back i'll have them order me new headrests. I see no need to have them replace the entire seat cover though, but if you get it done for free, why not? :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
The dealer ordered new headrests for me, but did not install them since they had the exact same problem. They called Saab and apparently all headrests they have in stock are the same way. An interior quality engineer at Saab has been involved and they will let me know when they have headrests without glue.

The dealer claimed noone else noticed this, i find that weird.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts