SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Verry nice installation m8!

What are the specs on the intercooler? Widht, hight, depth?

How did you solve the plummings? Just 2 90 degree pipes into the original hoses?

If i may, im gonna do a copycat of this, i really need cooler air according to the dyno :evil:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Verry nice installation m8!

What are the specs on the intercooler? Widht, hight, depth?

How did you solve the plummings? Just 2 90 degree pipes into the original hoses?

If i may, im gonna do a copycat of this, i really need cooler air according to the dyno :evil:
I don't know the exact dimensions of the intercooler but it's a pretty standard size that's sold on eBay through CX Racing and other sellers.

For the pipes, I ordered a whole kit with piping, couplers, and t-bolt clamps, but only used 2 90 degree bends. That's all I needed to connect the new intercooler up to the stock pipes.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have considered doing the FMIC in my 9-5 Aero too. The Viggen has a factory FMIC so since the engines are the same, it is the one I would install. ETS makes a beautiful upgraded version for the Viggen which is not cheap by any means but is a thoroughly high quality part.

·
Banned
2,243 Posts
I have considered doing the FMIC in my 9-5 Aero too. The Viggen has a factory FMIC so since the engines are the same, it is the one I would install. ETS makes a beautiful upgraded version for the Viggen which is not cheap by any means but is a thoroughly high quality part.
9-5's have an FMIC but its thin and part plastic lol

·
Registered
422 Posts
The 9-5 Aero intercooler is indeed plastic & alloy as is the unit found on the Viggen. But there the similarities end. The Viggen is a FMIC, mounted below the bumper brace in the lower front fascia. The 9-5 Aero is in a stack albeit vertical between the A/C condensor & the radiator. If I am incorrect on this, someone please correct me.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I don't remember off the top of my head the dimensions of the intercooler. This weekend I have to do some other stuff to the car so I'll check the dimensions at that time.

I bought a 2" universal piping kit off ebay, for like $70 shipped. It came with a bunch of piping, couplers, and t-bolt clamps. At $70 it's an AMAZING value. Even though I didn't need nearly all the piping, it was still cheaper to buy the whole kit rather than just the few parts I needed.

I'll get some pics this weekend of how I did the piping as well.
Is it 2" inlet and outlet? What is the Aero 95? Please give us the dimensions of the cooler CX has lots of intercoolers on their site.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Out of curiousity... Do you have dimensions on your intercooler? I have a Precision Turbo FMIC I could easily install.

How picky are the 9-5's with needing to be retuned for mods? I have an 00 Aero completely stock other than a k&n drop in filter... But I love intercoolers in bumpers, so if I can improve the cooling efficiency, and all i would need is some pipe (I have plenty of couplers as well), why the hell not! I'm also planning on replacing the catback with a custom setup I will make...

·
Registered
134 Posts
I love how this looks but i been wanting a Euro plate since this is my first not American car. I need a front plate and i know if i had a euro plate and no state plate the cops would pull me over. So i was wondering if any one has done this and then put a euro plate too. I feel like it would be too much. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I love how this looks but i been wanting a Euro plate since this is my first not American car. I need a front plate and i know if i had a euro plate and no state plate the cops would pull me over. So i was wondering if any one has done this and then put a euro plate too. I feel like it would be too much. What do you guys think?
Its CT... Don't worry much about a front plate.. I never ran one on my STi or my OBS and never had a problem. The wife doesn't run one on her RSX and has never had an issue.

·
Registered
134 Posts
alright. i never ran one either but that was on my jeep so i doubt the cops payed attention. but was thinking that when they see a lower car with rims drive by that they would pull me over but i guess if you drove an STi without one then i probably dont have anything to worry about haha.

Thanks. Probably getting the Euro plate soon

·
Registered
218 Posts
My wife's car is a lowered RSX with 18" rims, stickers, dark tint, HIDs, yellow fogs, and a big wing and she doesn't get hassled... Don't drive like a douche and the cops wont treat you like a douche. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
hahahaha very true very true. I wont drive like a douche just a little fast since i went from a 4 cylinder Jeep to a 4 cylinder Saab with a turbo... haha :cheesy:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts