SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a 2004 Saab 9-3 Arc for a couple years and the right rear window has never worked. I finally decided to take it apart and diagnose it. I found that the cable had come off track, so I went to a salvage and pulled a regulator (including motor) from another 2004 9-3 (not sure if it was an Arc, Linear, or Aero). I put the new regulator in and it worked, except that the window went up/down opposite from the switch on the door and the switch on the driver door.

There was a difference in the motors - my harness and motor connector is 6 pins and the one from the salvage has 2 pins. I had to pull the black connector from the old motor and put it in the salvage motor or it wouldn't physically fit the harnass. I decided to put the original motor on the salvage regulator and the window went up/down properly. Out of curiosity, I had another motor that originally came with a 2 pin connector and it operated opposite the switch also.

I believe all 3 motors are OEM factory and not 3rd party replacements. All dates on the motors are from '03 or '04. What would make 2 of the motors act different than the original motor? The window is working with the original motor, but I'm wondering what the difference is between the 2 connectors (6pin vs 2pin). Aren't all these motors built the same or are some designed to go clockwise and some counter-clockwise?

Thanks, Tom

·
Super Moderator
20,194 Posts
6pin=antipinch
2pin=non antipinch

Swap the wires going to the 2 pins to get it to go in correct direction.

If you want antipinch to work you need 6 pin motor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To clarify, the difference is in the motor. My original motor was designed with antipinch (since the car has a 6pin harness) and the salvage motor was not.

For future reference, is it possible you know the 2 part numbers for the different motors?

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts