SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I pull this leaver that is located behind the rear seat of my 98 900 se turbo will I then be able to use the convertable top manually

·
Registered
18,924 Posts
You won't be able to latch the rear of the roof unless you learn a bit about the tonneau latches and either jumper it (one time) or install a switch (semi-permanent conversion). You can google here for a thread on that or other threads that already point to it.

EDIT: You can drive with it unlatched... not much of an issue except in the Winter when you get a serious draft through the car. Doesn't seem to leak at all in the rain. (Ask me how I know all that :)

Are you having issues with your roof? It's possible someone here can help you fix it rather than convert it.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
No and yes. It isn't that simple. Here are some of the considerations:
The red handle of doom isn't called that for nothing. Pulling the red handle will 'free' the tonneau from its latches and drive system. But putting the handle back up will not undo what was just done. The tonneau drive system will need to be 'reset'. Meanwhile, you will be subject to the maddening 'ding-dong' warning bell and the SID message 'check latches'.
You will need to learn and apply the method of flyhop to latch and unlatch the fifth bow.
You will have to figure out how to latch the tonneau.
The top is quite heavy and beyond the physical ability of some people.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok hear is my problem I hit a deer on the left Side of the front end I've fixed the damage but now the top want work I can hear a clicking In the right rear and the front left under the hood I think that would be a realay but the thing is after I hit the the deer the car sat up for about 5 months so I'm just in ah have checked and tried just about everything but I'm open for any info and will be glad to try about anything would just like to have my very working again

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok hear is my problem I hit a deer on the left Side of the front end I've fixed the damage but now the top want work I can hear a clicking In the right rear and the front left under the hood I think that would be a realay but the thing is after I hit the the deer the car sat up for about 5 months so I'm just in ah have checked and tried just about everything but I'm open for any info and will be glad to try about anything would just like to have my very working again

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
If you hear the clicking in the right rear only wnen you are trying to operate the top, that is possibly from the tonneau motor. Have a qualifed
soft top tech check it out. If you search threads in this forum, there are a lot of posts about this subject

1 - 7 of 7 Posts