SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
first of all - it's my first post, so welcome everybody;).
I'm a happy user of '92 T16S conv. and '90 5d 16v.:) Both black.:)

Just for curious, in my convertible (it's T16S with red apc) I've got a red engine block. What it means? Is it some special way of marking something or just different colour?
I searched the forum, but didn't find anything interesting.

Thanks in advance,
Bartek.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hi, and welcome to saabcentral :cheesy: Sorry I dont have an answer for you other than to tell you my engine block is green :confused:

·
Banned
637 Posts
Perhaps it's made of a Slightly higher grade of Polish Steel.. occaisionaly the 9k motors were Red painted (dunno why).. perhaps yer engine was Swapped?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Matthew said:
I have heard that the red blocks are supposed to be stronger, but personally I don't believe it.
I've heard the same, but why is it stronger? Because of the red colour:D? Someone told me also that if the engine has been repaired in Sweden, it should be painted in red.
Strange theories:).

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
both my 1987 T8 & 1985 T16 are wearing factory red blocks :cool:

Paul

·
Registered
154 Posts
Another red one here (89 N/A 900i 8 valve auto).

Though presently it's more rust/antifreeze crystallisation and oil coloured...could really do with a clean and paint!

Rocker cover's still leaking though, so I ain't bothering with anything past a clean just now. Hoping that the engine can stay where it is for a while...though rust proofing the enginebay would be a heck of a lot easier with it out...hmm...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts