SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking of a getting a performance monitor, perhaps something like a DashHawk, but I don't know much about them.

Any recommendations of good ones? Any bad ones to avoid?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have you considered Torque (android or Iphone app) and a bluetooth adapter? I use this for both live monitoring and there is an option to log parameters (any you chose) to an excel spreadsheet for later analysis.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just another little tidbit. I was confused at first as to what I wanted the bluetooth device to do initially. I first bought 'ELM327 OBDII CAN-BUS' off ebay (you can search these terms on ebay and find what I'm talking about) for about $17 on ebay. This adapter, if working properly, grabs data only about every second, and secondly, does not have an on off switch. If you are trying to do timing for a tune and you need fractions of seconds a better option for the money is the PLX Kiwi Bluetooth (about 99$), which has better performance and an on off switch. Additionally it has a cord so you can mount the device closer to your console for on-off access and do a better job of hiding the device if you want to keep it plugged in all the time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the recommendation---that's good to know. I guess you get what you pay for with those things.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
i used the PLX kiwi wifi model with my iPhone, worked pretty good, updated 3x/second, but may be better if you have a newer 4 or 4s, at the time i had it on the old 3g model(2nd gen). So the newer faster processors will prob make for faster refresh rate. Using the Rev2 app, it was able to catalog and display real time gauges.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts