SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a decent muffler on trade and it appears to be a stainless steel "Saab" muffler that is factory assembled and welded. The pipe is mandrel bent 2.25 and the exhaust tip is 3". Both the muffler and tip have "Saab" stamped into them. Also, the muffler passes the magnet test, so I'm pretty sure it's stainless steel as the magnet won't stick to it. It's a factory fit muffler and bolts right up to a NG900/9-3 as it was on a 97' 900. Looks like a "Sport Muffler" but unsure. Comes with all 3 rubber isolators and is in very good shape.

Going to sell it but want to list what it is?

Any idea what is worth brand new?

Any idea what it might sound like?

3" tip stamped with "Saab"

Muffler's "saab"

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Its the Saab Sport. No center section? I have the Saab Sport on my car, combined with the GS v2 downpipe, its loud, but has a nice note. The muffler is a straight through design, and the center section doesnt have a resonator. If you installed it on a car with the original center section itd be a lot quieter.

·
Registered
18,942 Posts
Pontius: You should install that and like redrum says, remove the center resonator and replace with a straight pipe. It's a nice system and lasts forever.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pontius: You should install that and like redrum says, remove the center resonator and replace with a straight pipe. It's a nice system and lasts forever.
It won't be a bolt-on for me as the coupler above the axle on mine was replaced with a welded section as it was rotted when I got the car. Yeah, it looks like a decent muffler. I hit it with a scotch-rite pad as it was grimy, but it could clean up even better as well as the piping if you hit it with a $3 brass wire wheel in a drill. The pipes are solid too.

Any idea what it's worth? Open to trades as well as offers if anyone wants it ;ol;
I'd let go for a good price!

Also, the muffler on my car at the moment is only 5 months old and welded to the piping, so I'm not going to bother using it. My center resonator is long gone :cheesy:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Pontius, GS is selling that muffler for $625 with the straight through center as well, so now you know what it retails for BRAND NEW. I'd love to snatch it from you, but throw it in the classifieds section first.

·
Registered
18,942 Posts
Pontius, GS is selling that muffler for $625 with the straight through center as well, so now you know what it retails for BRAND NEW. I'd love to snatch it from you, but throw it in the classifieds section first.
Kind of a high price, list from Saab is under $400. Not sure if that includes the center pipe or not.

Used... maybe half that at best.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$400-625 for a muffler? Wow. I guarantee I'll let it go for less. But since I'm in this part of the forum only, any regulars in the 900/9-3 section PM if you want it as I'd rather see it go to someone who frequents the same posts as me before sticking it in the classified area. Preference will go to local Ohioans but I can ship it just the same.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
the going price for a complete USED saabsport is about $300 (i sold mine for $250 last year)
you could sell it for about $100 for just the muffler
I'd let it go for far less than that with shipping included (partial trades welcome and considered- really want a new hood emblem or a working ACC as
I'm tired of trying to figure out what my climate control is displaying). Only have what's pictured though PLUS the 3 rubber isolators so it'll mount A-OK to the stock points. You'll need the collector right where this one starts for it to be a bolt-in no fuss :cool:

EDIT: Also, it was still wet in the pic as I'd just rinsed it off after cleaning it. The pipes looks better dry and I can clean it up a bit more as I have some brass wire wheels for my turbo's center section ;ol;. If you're looking for this muffler I'll let it go for roughly 1/10 of the GS price :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
PM'd about the muffler

Hey Pontius, sent you a PM about the muffler, I'm located just outside of Dayton. Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts