SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a 96N 9000 CD EcoPower and I would like to know how easy it would be to get the blow off noise that a normal dump valve gives, if anyone could give me some tips on this.

Cheers Dominic:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does this mean that I would have to replace the dump valve with a bow off valve, im new to this Turbo game.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
just remove the air box snorkle & cut out as much of the back of the air box cover. your std recirc will now sound like an atmospheric, you,ll get a nice induction sound & a bit sharper get up & go

·
Registered
987 Posts
I was following my friend in his 9000 Aero with a slightly opened up airbox and the front left turn signal removed. After a quick run up from 55mph up to about 115 he lifted and I could see a brownish cloud come from the left side of the car. I didn't know it was possible to back-flush an air filter on the fly! :cheesy: Btw, his Aero 5spd made my CSE auto look a we bit foolish. I was attempting to follow him in the run up from 55 mph. I was closing on him to start with at about 65mph and anticipated him dropping the hammer, so I probably got on the throttle first. By the time he lifted at 115mph I was barely making 105mph. However, given the fragile state of being that is the auto trans in these cars, I'm quite happy with the "barely adequate" power I'm getting. I give my car a "grin factor" of 7.

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Get a K&N open air filter, Its a lot louder, but sounds a little more plungeree than say an atmospheric BOV.

If you know how to shift good, it sounds amazing. If your at full boost and just let off it sounds medeocre

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
get the forge atmospheric bov, i did, its simply amazing, my stock recir valve was really loud before i got the new bov because i removed the stock airbox and put in an open air filter in where the old box was. it was loud but once i got the bov it was so much louder but at the same time my boost was being held better, do the intake mod or get an open air intake first and see how loud it gets, if you like it keep it if not get the bov and have alot more fun! hows your boost? is it holding or tailing off?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BOV/Open air filter

Thanks for the advice guys, ive got plenty to consider now, the turbo is boosting just fine, although ( even though im new to this Turbo game ) I thought that there would have been a boost gauge in the dash pod, seem after some investigation that the 9000 CD Ecopower was not given one in the first place.
Will the items that you have suggested guys work in the same way???

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
the more boost the more pishht, kinda jealous your enjoying the LPT CD, cause if you like it, your going to really enjoy tuning it as there,s a lot of very easy ponies to release from it

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
can you convert the 9000 lpt cd to a fpt cd?? i have never owned a cd but is it possible? if so thats what you should do first convert lpt to fpt

·
Registered
6 Posts
hello,

i just replaced my standard recirculating dump valve with a performance recirculating dump valve, the 4j one.

With the air intake i just removed the snorkel on the air box housing and fitted some 3" flexihose which feeds down to a 3"hole in the bumper, then i replaced the air filter with a hollow performance one, the reason it is hollow is because it "butts up" to back of the air box creating good filtration.

just fitted turbo gauge set to 1.0 through a manual boost valve makes a loud phsshhhhwhwoooo.

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
9-3Aero said:
can you convert the 9000 lpt cd to a fpt cd?? i have never owned a cd but is it possible? if so thats what you should do first convert lpt to fpt
yes, its the same as the cs, but the glass doesnt lift on the trunk

·
Registered
62 Posts
boon94 said:
Get a K&N open air filter, Its a lot louder, but sounds a little more plungeree than say an atmospheric BOV.

If you know how to shift good, it sounds amazing. If your at full boost and just let off it sounds medeocre
What the heck is "PLUNGEREE"???

·
Registered
352 Posts
How hard is it to cut up the airbox? I'd assume it would be removed through the bottom after taking the cover off. I gotta get at a foglight on that side, so I might just have to make my box swiss cheese.

How much, and where would be good to remove, or just as much as possible? I'd assume the filter is pretty much protected there because it's inside and shielded from the bottom.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I cut eleven 2" holes in my airbox, anywhere I could get a drill without compromising the structural integrity. I found the dump valve sound to be 300% better. But I also found that it created a lot more turbo lag which I found unbearable. I taped most of the holes back up while in the search for a better balance. Once again my dump valve is barely audible from in the cabin with the windows up. And the throttle response has never been better.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts