SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drained the battery trying to start the car....no idea what. The starter did engage....the battery err...light came on..then the voltage dropped drastically. I did recharge the battery prior to this...

Any ideas?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Try a different battery, or jumper cables. If it will start with either of those, the diagnosis is simple.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what do i need to do, at the fear of sounding lost.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i jumped it, and i tried charging my battery no dice...nothing...still not starting

·
Registered
51 Posts
Does the engine turn at all? if not then you have a stuck starter or a stuck engine!!! assuming a good battery then the starter will draw huge amounts of power if it is stuck. Has the car been using coolant ?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The car started a few days ago. Now my battery is showing with the error light \check engine, i see a battery. I know the engine is not stuck. It did run a few days ago.

Hard to start then ran for like 5 minutes a few times. Coolant is there i checked.

·
Registered
51 Posts
What are the full symptoms? When did it become hard to start ? How many flashes is the check engine light giving? When you turn the ignition on can you hear the fuel pump running / whirring ? Check the fuel pump fuse.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The fuel pump i am not sure about, i can not open my hatch. I will try to open it today. The starter does click. The battery light stays on other wise it does try to crank after i recharged it. No Blinks from the error lights it shows a low voltage of 8.0 volts. so maybe i can start with the battery. all of the fuses are in line.

·
Registered
51 Posts
8 volts is quite low for the battery, I'd give it a try with a known good battery.

Work beckons I hope you get it fixed.

·
Super Moderator EMERITUS
8,806 Posts
Your battery does not hold it's charge. Little to no cranking amps....it's toast. Get a new battery man. Get a proper one too. ;)

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
How old is your battery? If it is fairly new, I would suspect either an internal fault, or perhaps a drain to earth. If the batttery is 100% OK the drain could be commutators touching in the alternator.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Seems like you have a dead battery. Get a new one. Dead batteries can not hold a charge, no matter how long you charged them for. 8 Volts is way too low.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts