SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's '91 900 turbo lost all its oil as she was driving home from work.

I had noticed the oil light flickering occasionally over the previous week but as it had a sensor issue in the past and it wasn't losing any oil I figured it was another sensor issue. I intended to tell her to ignore the indicator until I could track down the problem but forgot. I was complacent and overconfident.

Thank god I forgot to give her such disastrous advice.

A few days later she sees the oil light come on, pulls over as soon as she can and checks the dipstick... NO OIL!

Over the past 20 years I always said to her if the "oil" or "temp" light comes on to get off the road and shut down the engine. She did just that at precisely the right moment and saved us a fortune.

Turns out the oil cooler was leaking intermittently for a few weeks (no significant loss of oil but a loss of oil pressure?) until it finally broke loose and all the oil got pumped out onto the road.

It's fixed now, just a bad oil cooler.

Her car and mine both run great. Except for the fact my car has a dead hooker in it named "Michelle Bombshell".

http://www.designsontattoos.com/wp-content/gallery/michelle-bombshell/michelle_bombshell1.png

I'm kidding.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm glad for the happy ending re: the oil incident. :lol: I tell my wife the same thing.
Steve,
Yeah, but that was only after the coolant "incident"...but we won't get into that here!! :lol: :cheesy:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Steve,
Yeah, but that was only after the coolant "incident"...but we won't get into that here!! :lol: :cheesy:
You are reading my mind. Next time her car overheats 50 miles from home she will pull over instead of deciding to wait to get home. Suffice to say she didn't make it home. :eek: The head was so warped I had to replace it. :( But hey, had it not been for that I might never have learned how to do the head gasket on a 900. :cheesy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts