SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replacedd the receiver/drier before. Any suggestions? I have a leak in my system and need to replace it.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
How do you know the problem is with your receiver, dryer? I just found that 1 of my 2 schrader valves was leaking, so I replaced the valves, (part cost, about $2) with a Mastercool tool kit, then had my system put on a cooltech machine and recharged for $85. Everything is working fine and the charge is now holding, we'll see after the summer if it's still holding. I checked all of the connections around my receiver / dryer and didn't see any evidence of a leak, the bolts were in tight.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had the car tested using dye. Was able to see the yellowish color leak near the piece that looked like a bolt on the botton of the drier(not sur exactly what it is). Why do you ask? Is this a rare problem or something?

Thank you

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
One of my friends here told me that those bolts that hold on the receiver dryer can loosen up over time and they need to be re-torqued, mine seemed tight when I checked them. You might want to re-torque yours, then change your schrader valves, could be a cheap fix...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts