SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after all the talk today I installed a set of Recaro SE seats in my 1995 900 SE. Speedware Motorsports is having a sale where you can get 2 Recaro SE seats, 2 Recaro sliders and 2 seat brackets for $999 so I figured I'd jump on it. Drove up there today and talked to Shawn and he made up a set of seat brackets and was very helpful overall. Get back to my house and start to take out my old seats using the torx screw driver in the spare tire kit. A word to the wise, If you're going to be installing aftermarket seats, make sure you have a torx socket set (socket size T-40 in particular)! I tried to be superman with the screwdriver and got a nice blister so went to a hardware so and got a socket set. Once I had the sockets removing the old seats was a breeze. I had an idiot moment where I couldn't figure out how to get the brackets in, of course I realized which way it was supposed to go after 45 minutes.
I then had to install the sliders onto the seats with was pretty easy. Before I put the seats in I had to remove the seat belt buckles off the old seats. When you remove those there are 3 holes on the metal bar, the big one on the bottom that was screwed in and 2 smaller ones above. With the brackets I had made using the big hold was to high so I used a drill to widen the top small whole. That put the buckle at the perfect height with my new seats. Installing the seats in the car was pretty basic. They're held down by 4 bolts (one on each corner). I'm very impressed with the seats now that they are installed. I like the fact that they have manual sliders because now it's quicker to slide the seat forward if someone is sitting in back. Also when the seat is slid all the way to the front and the back is folded forward there is more room for a person in the back to get out of the car. A couple other features of the seats are knobs at side to adjust the back and the headrests can tilt front and back along with up and down. If you all have any questions or comments feel free to throw them my way. Now on to the pictures!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
I have a question you failed to talk about, bonehead!?!?

How do they 'feel'?!?!?

:cheesy:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bonehead??? Such a polite moderator!:p When I sat in them at the shop they were VERY comfortable. I had a chance to sit in many seats and I thought these were the most comfortable of them all. I sat in the Recaro sport seat everyone whoos about and found it quite uncomfortable because since I'm 6'2" 190 I was partially sitting on the seat bolsters (not a good feeling). If you're a person smaller than me those seats would probably fit like a glove. I haven't gotten to drive with the seats installed yet but I'm gonna have a 1 hour drive tomorrow so I'll comment on the comfort then.;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well did my hour long drive today and I must say I couldn't be happier with these seats. They kept me very secure when I went around corners. They are firm yet soft so that made them extremely comfortable. The seat brackets aren't height adjustable so the seats sit about about the same height if you have the stock seats at the lowest setting (which is the setting I used). Another thing I noticed with my new seats is how little I felt bumps I'd hit in the road. With my old seats I'd feel a hard thump but with my new seats I barely feel anything at all.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Looks like a nice job, and thx for the pics! Btw, what model name or number are the seats? Recaro has quite a few versions!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are called the Recaro SE. They're not listed on the Recaro site but if you go to Google and type in Recaro SE you'll get links to dealers that carry them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good question and I was just gonna post regarding that. My tan leather, power and heated front seats are for sale as a set. I've already had an inquiry for the skins but I'm looking to get both seats out of my basement. I don't plan to ship them so they'd be a Seattle/Tacoma area pickup only. Send me a PM if you're interested.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Other than the fact that I think they stand out on your tan interior, it looks good. Nice to be unique with this mod, so far.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I only changed the front seats, the rear seats is not goin anywhere. I think they look pretty good because the blend well with the black dash.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Wow, Very nice TurboSwede! Those look awesome! Shouldn't this sort of be in the performance section!? Im sure your handling has gotten better now that you can hold on to the steering wheel with both hands and not worry about sliding away!!! Thats an awesome mod, and way to go being the first to have done this!!

About those brackets, so you mentioned that they made them just after you bought the seats, did they measure your old seats, or make them from a pattern they already have? Just curious.

Good Job!
Tboy

btw, I'd love to buy your old seats, but im sure you want to get more for them then I'd be willng to offer, seats are kinda low priority for me now! (I've got plenty of work to do on my bodykit) Plus, they seem to be a lighter color tan then mine, but I still think they look nice! If you end up throwing them out, let me know and I can come up with something. Good Luck!

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Oh, it's fine here. Very nice, TurboSwede. I miss the recaros in my bimmer.;oops: I would say it's just the fact that the saab seats are leather, but I know Honda makes some very supportive and well bolstered (and heated) leather seats...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In regards to Tboy's question about the brackets, they actually took my seats out and made them from scratch to fit the mounting points exactly. I sent you a PM about my seats. Thanks again to everyone for the kind words. The seats were an early birthday gift to myself.;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts