SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm rebuilding my T25 turbo, and I don't know if the turbine wheel should fit flush against that seal plate or not? Should there be a good amount of room between the two, if so how much room? I got every thing together, fitted the shaft (with seals) and I guess I pushed to hard, because I bent the crap out of the middle sealing ring and the shaft would not spin. I didn't even get close to having them flush though, so idk, and now I'm ordering a new seal (if I can :roll: ).

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I saw that before, but its had to tell how far apart the two should be.

The last thing I want to happen is rebuild the turbo and have it come apart or start blowing oil again because the seal isn't fitted right.

Thanks though

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: Ok, so I got emailed back from the turbo shop, and they said that Saab turbo's don’t use a middle sealing ring. Is that right? I used the guide that is on Dmitry Saab, but I guess it could be wrong. I emailed the company back, and sent them a picture of the seal I need along with a link to the rebuild instructions.

My question is, does a saab turbo use the middle seal ring seen here? http://photo.platonoff.com/Auto/20051009.Garrett_T25_Turbo_Rebuild/?i=20051009o.Turbine_seals.jpg

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
white96850turbo said:
Update: Ok, so I got emailed back from the turbo shop, and they said that Saab turbo's don’t use a middle sealing ring. Is that right? I used the guide that is on Dmitry Saab, but I guess it could be wrong. I emailed the company back, and sent them a picture of the seal I need along with a link to the rebuild instructions.

My question is, does a saab turbo use the middle seal ring seen here? http://photo.platonoff.com/Auto/20051009.Garrett_T25_Turbo_Rebuild/?i=20051009o.Turbine_seals.jpg
Contact Dimitry directly by PM. His screen name is DIP on this forum :cheesy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts