·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Anyone seen these for sale in the UK? :confused:

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
MyTyres [link] will sell them to you.

They are excellent, I have ran Nokians on several Saabs with impressive results.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
dann1940 said:
tires were tested on packed snow at -29c.
That's what we have here for 3 months of the year.... my 15" winter wheels are at the tire shop right now getting 195/65R15 Nokian WR-H put on them. My previous set lasted 5 winters.

I know WR is theoretically an 'all season' tire but they make a fine snow tire in our conditions!

Oh yeah I couldn't view the video in Firefox - worked fine in (ewww) Internet Explorer.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
Anyone seen these for sale in the UK? :confused:
Matthew had a set on the 9000 I bought from him. You could ask him. I understand they aren't common your way.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm on my second set of Nokian tyres 225/45/R17 94XL.
Good performance, grip, wear reasonable at 16,000 miles and only changed due to punctures in the outer section (front pair) and inner face wear on the back (new rear arm bushes now fitted).
Reasonably priced at around £80 each.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Got some I3's on my 9-5 and they work great, really good traction for turns on snow/ice. Getting some WR's next on my other Saab, supposed to be even better.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2WhiteSaabs said:
Got some I3's on my 9-5 and they work great, really good traction for turns on snow/ice. Getting some WR's next on my other Saab, supposed to be even better.
Who are you getting yours from? None in the Twin Cities ATM. Lancer carries them (how I found them) and they might be in this Friday (depends if they get the size in this shipment.. Nokian factory is doing a rolling change to the WR G2 (new WR), this year.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I couldn't bring myself to lay out the cash for nokian snows, so it came down to green diamonds or gislaveds

now I roll on gislaved nord-frost V's in the wintertime

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Already have Blizzaks for the wagon. Don't have room for another set of summer/winter tires... Nokian WR's made sense for best possible All-season radial. Plus I really do need tires in general not just for winter.. The Eagle RS-A's that are on, are beyond the wear indicators.

·
Registered
105 Posts
fusionrx said:
Who are you getting yours from? None in the Twin Cities ATM. Lancer carries them (how I found them) and they might be in this Friday (depends if they get the size in this shipment.. Nokian factory is doing a rolling change to the WR G2 (new WR), this year.

I got mine last year from Venburg Tire in Maplewood. Family owned, great deals on tires and they are very reasonable but do great work.

http://www.venburgtire.com/shop/map.htm

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Nokian also make some most excellent bicycle tyres :lol:

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
nokians are the best winter tires.

we run them on all our saabs and plow through snow when the SUV's are pulled off to the side of the road.

we watched a jeep 4x4 spin out and go off the road last winter right in front of my 9-3 and we just stopped in a perfect straight line.
highly reccommended.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts