SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 weeks ago I got rear ended at a stoplight in Charlotte (about 25 miles from home) by a Mitsu Montero Sport. I was stopped, they were stopped, and apparently, they thought the light had turned green... I had not moved. Banged up the bumper and liftgate, destroyed a parking sensor, and generally just made for a MORE miserable night in 30 degree rain and wind.

Fast forward 4-5 days, I am cruising home on another dark and not so dreary night when my car starts sputtering on the highway. Not sputtering and stopping, but sputtering and running a little weak. I pulled over at a weigh station, checked the fluids, no Check Engine Light, topped off the oil (it was a little low), and let her run before continuing on my way. I got home, maybe it had something to do with the oil...

Fast forward to last Friday, the adjuster came out, took an account of the damage, and said I'd get a call from the claims person. I wasn't really putting the stumble together with the accident.

Short fast forward to Saturday, I'm again driving to Charlotte, when I get off the highway to a light, more erratic idling. I think it's ok... I get to where I'm going. I drive again about 8 hours later, and it's doing it again on city streets at stop lights. I immediately think... maybe it's a fuel filter... or fuel pump issue. I get a fuel filter from O'Reilly and install it at a friend's house. Up to this point, I haven't had a single CEL issue. When I start it up, I get a CEL, 0327, Knock sensor. Seems logical having pulled the fuse for the fuel pump and having to restart the fuel delivery system. It goes off a few times on my highway drive back home, I got 3 codes when I got home, but it seemed to be done for the most part.

My question is, once I googled where the fuel filter was (I hadn't replaced it since I bought the car, I started thinking that the crash may have started this problem, somehow stirring up silt in the gastank or fuel filter... leading to the stumbling perhaps. Is this a logical leap?

Any thoughts are appreciated. I called MY insurance company to have them do a damage assessment to make sure I am getting everything fixed properly instead of the superficial stuff.

Any other reasons why this could have created a knock sensor and the rough idling (not just at lights, but also while driving... like I have a gap in fuel delivery)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Sounds like the fuel tank or vapor recovery system could have have been damaged. A CEL should come on for that reason though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts