SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Probably very expensive.

If I were you, I would confirm that it is a dead motor before dropping the cash on one.

Also, I wouldn't even get a new one. These cars don't seem to kill the rear motors. I would find a pick and pull and get one for 30 bucks.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NG900s dont exist in Portland, much less a pick and pull. i know its getting juice from the switch cause it was moving before but not going all the way back. so i manually moved it and since it has stopped responding

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ahh, bad position sensor.

You could always try taking it apart and cleaning the contacts. It's already dead, if you fix it, thats money saved.

·
Registered
29 Posts
might sound stupid, but a similar thing happened to our 900 and all i had to do was re-tighten the nut that holds the wiper arm to the motor. if you move it manually, there's a chance you loosened it and now the motor is turning but the connection is just slipping.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i just did a test and the motor is moving or rather trying to but the wiper is not moving. when i get to work tomorrow i will look for this nut you speak of.

·
Registered
10,607 Posts
The nut coming loose was such a problem that Saab even put out a Technical Service Bulletin about it. The official fix is a dab of Locktite, but snugging it up with a ratchet will keep it tight for quite a while. Flip up the cap at the base of the wiper arm and you'll see the 10mm nut you need to tighten.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Jeremy R. said:
The nut coming loose was such a problem that Saab even put out a Technical Service Bulletin about it. The official fix is a dab of Locktite, but snugging it up with a ratchet will keep it tight for quite a while. Flip up the cap at the base of the wiper arm and you'll see the 10mm nut you need to tighten.
Thanx, Jeremy, this is yet another maintenance task for this spring.
Shaft nuts becoming loose over time is a common problem for many.
The LockTite is great for so many things...

If the wiper shaft nut has been loose for a long time, there is a chance that the locking splines will be worn down.
A precise hole and a split pin will remedy this..

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sweet!!! that is exactly what it was! just tighted it and it worked like a charm. thanks again guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts