SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father left me a 68 Sonett V4. He was the one owner of this car, I’ve watched him deal with the whims of this automobile my whole life so I have an idea what I’m taking on. The rear window is broken. From what I’ve gathered online they are nearly unobtainable as glass? Plexiglass ones are obtainable? If one wanted a glass one what would I expect to fork out? I’ve searched online to try and see if one ever came up and what it went for but have been unsuccessful. The one in it is an Arva, I assume those are unavailable? Any direction or info much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,431 Posts
My father left me a 68 Sonett V4. He was the one owner of this car, I’ve watched him deal with the whims of this automobile my whole life so I have an idea what I’m taking on. The rear window is broken. From what I’ve gathered online they are nearly unobtainable as glass? Plexiglass ones are obtainable? If one wanted a glass one what would I expect to fork out? I’ve searched online to try and see if one ever came up and what it went for but have been unsuccessful. The one in it is an Arva, I assume those are unavailable? Any direction or info much appreciated.
They can be found, but not easily, as you know. Keep an eye on SaabNet, the Vintage Saab Club of North America (VSCNA), or the Yahoo VSAAB page. An NOS rear window sold on SaabNet a little while back for $1500.00. The recent plexiglass ones are probably half of that cost, and are pretty nice from what I’ve heard secondhand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts