SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for the guys having an issue with the rubber gasket (runner) that goes in the front doors. You have two window tracks that you window rides up, one that goes up and down behind the front speaker and one that runs up and down(north and south) behind the arm rest.

The rear gasket tends to come out pretty easily and if it does your window will rattle. Which is annoying as heck.

The first time I use two part glue and it didn't hold. The last time I used black silicone and when I went to take pics today I saw it was out again.;oops: So today I used some Goop.

So here are some pics to kind of show you what you are getting into.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
FWIW - I found that I could never get mine to stay in for longer than a few months, that is until I took the channel out and did it on a bench. There's one rivet in the top of it that you have to drill out but it's easy enough to get a pop rivet back in there.

Then put a piece of masonite into the rubber track to push it into the channel and it sticks quite nicely.

Does require that you take the window out to do this, but it's not a huge amount of work and mine's been in there on both sides for about 2 years now and still going strong (or at least my windows aren't rattling)

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^Great info, what I did today was I glued and now I left the window down in the car (to put press on it) and it will stay that way until tomorrow so it should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
...or you have to get that stuff they use to glue McClaren super cars together with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
DrunkieTheBear
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing