SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: My 2001 9-3 Hatch was recently broken into. The rear drivers side door was smashed out. Is there any way to get the new glass installed without having to drill the rivets and remove the entire track assembly? i cant find a direction that the window will tilt to that would allow me to slide its track over small white slider.

Thanks

·
Registered
980 Posts
My Saab WIS CD's for the 900/9-3 only cover MY1994-1999 and 2003-2006. I would think that your 2001 is the same as the 1999 in this respect. According to the WIS, you do not drill out the rivets unless you are replacing the window lift, aka the regulator and motor assembly. I would copy the instructions, but the WIS program does not allow that. Is the window regulator at its lowest position?(window fully down). I'll try to take a screenshot of the instructions later and post back later this evening.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I tried the screenshot, but the text was too blurry after re-sizing to conform to attachment limits. This is what it states, omitting only references to other sections of the manual:

To remove:
1) Lower the window completely
2) Remove the door trim
3) Remove the plastic water deflector
4) Remove the cover (secured in guides in the guide channel and clips)
5) Remove the internal window seal by prying up the rear edge of the seal wiah a large flat screwdriver and pull up the seal by hand
6) Remove the external window seal
7) Loosen the window frame seal from the rear guide channel and lift it out of the door
8) Loose the pull bar, located between the door handle and door lock, from the door side and leave it suspended
9) Remove the rear guide channel by loosening the retaining screw and angle it out upwards
10) Remove the window glass by lifting at the rear edge and guide it away from the window lift
11) Lift out the glass by moving it inwards from the window frame

To fit:
1) Fit the window glass by angling the front edge and guide it down onto the window lift
2) Fit the rear guide channel by pressing it down into the window opening and angle it into position above the pull bars and tighten it
3) Press the pull bar into position between the door handle and door lock
4) Press the window frame seal onto the rear guide channel. Apply vaseline to the rear of the seal
5) Fit the internal window seal by pressing it into place by hand, it may be necessary to usa a rubber mallet
6) Fit the external window seal
7) Fit the cover, press it into position by hand
8) Fit th eplastic water barrier
9) Fit the door trim
10) Raise the window

Hope this helps

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help but it doesnt list anything for attaching the window to the track. the plastic piece that goes into the aluminum track on the window doesnt come off on it that i can see, it is rivited from the front. ill see if i can get some shots of it with my camera phone when the sun comes up.

·
Registered
230 Posts
culetto said:
thanks for the help but it doesnt list anything for attaching the window to the track. the plastic piece that goes into the aluminum track on the window doesnt come off on it that i can see, it is rivited from the front. ill see if i can get some shots of it with my camera phone when the sun comes up.
This is from the SAAB WIS for a 9-5. See if it helps at all. Not sure but I believe the mechanisms are very simular if not the same as the 9-3.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
No pic ?

Maybe Pab95 fixed it right off.

Looks good to me..:cheesy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts