SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Saab or the after market make a smallish RSB for this car? I searched this forum and found little about a rear swaybar.

I wrote smallish not knowing much about how a RSB attaches to this car. so I suppose it depends but I am looking for a hair more leverage on the inside front wheel and would prefer to leave the springs stock.

·
Registered
475 Posts
You can get it a little stiffer than normal by putting Powerflex bushes in there instead of the normal rubber ones.

I'm going to do that as well.

Swaybar is the same as Anti-roll bar aint it? :$

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, swaybar antiroll bar etc. My 1993 900 S has no rear anti roll bar...was looking for something in the 15mm-18mm range.

The suspension needs a lot of work and I don't really know the car yet...just wondering if a rear swaybar/antiroll bar is avasilable...perhaps from another application like the SPG...

·
Registered
475 Posts
In Europe they are "pretty easy" to come by. But I don't know how it is in the US.

The cheapest way would be the scrapyard, a can of paint and some new rubberbushings I guess.

Edit:

Here's a picture of the full rear suspension, the anti-rollbar is in the lower part of the picture:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kizzie,

Nice photo...I may be in the same place at some point this spring - hopefully...I have drivetrain and cooling 'things' to fix first. I am retaining the stock springs and using Bilstein Touring dampers though.

White65,

Will visit that site, thanks!

EDIT: found the Adco bar - 3/4" for $150.00...very inexpensive. Might be bigger than I was thinking but we'll have a go at it. Thank you White65!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
meb
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing