SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone. my 2001 9-3 has a black rear spoiler type thing around the hatch. it is not as shiny and glossy as the steel gray paint. in fact, it looks dirty even though i wash it. what type of care does that piece need? should it be waxed or polished? it it plastic? anything i can do to restore it to like new condition?

thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I use one of two products, equally good, that work to shine up that spoiler and all the other rugged plastic trim.

1. Mothers 'Back to Black' Exterior bumper and trim care. This product specializes in renewing and protecting flat black trim.

2. Stoner's 'Trim Shine' Spray. This spray is an easy finishing spray that brings a glossy shine to the dull flat black trim.

I hope this helps. I think both of this products work really well and can be purchased at any local Pep boys.

Bryan
1995 900 SE Turbo

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! so i shouldn't wax it, just use the Back to Black stuff. i have seen that before...i will pick some up!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the "back to black" worked pretty well! $5 for a cheap fix, and i also used it on the black plastic piece that sits just under the windshield wipers, and the OnStar antenna too.

i love it when something is simple.

·
Registered
10,326 Posts
The spoiler has a matte black primer/paint on it. Even from the factory it never had a lot of shine, but it is a paintable surface if you ever want to get it painted body color.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts