SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saab part # 32020095, now made by Professional Parts Sweden aka ProParts

Has anyone ordered and installed these recently? Did they fit without modification?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: Fabricated a jig to get a more accurate comparison OEM to PPS.

Center-to-center spacing of upper bolt holes. Comparison of OEM bracket installed on car (black marks on wood) to brand-new, uninstalled bracket by Professional Parts Sweden. Both PPS brackets are identical.
Wood Gas Sculpture Art Auto part

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Oh dear! You have a hacksaw?

·
Registered
10,631 Posts
That's pretty bad if they're off by that much. I had issues with getting one of their power steering lines to fit and had to bend it in several places. You'd think that they'd pay a little more attention to something like a rigid steel suspension part.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just did struts and I'm about to do shocks and was considering buying those mounts to replace the factory ones... Looks like I'll just stick with my rusty factory ones if this is how well the PPS ones fit.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just did struts and I'm about to do shocks and was considering buying those mounts to replace the factory ones... Looks like I'll just stick with my rusty factory ones if this is how well the PPS ones fit.
I purchased these a few years ago from a European source. At the time, I could not find them anywhere else and they were either listed as NLA or out of stock, with the exception of a few questionable European sources and generic auto parts stores that always claim to have everything in stock for every make/model on earth.

When I went to install them last month I immediately discovered they didn't fit. I was hoping someone had more recently ordered them and could verify if the manufacturing defect has been addressed.

If you do order the brackets let us know if they fit or not. On mine, 3 out of 4 bolts went in, so the problem only seems to be 1 of the upper bolts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts