SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far i have come up empty looking for the rear shock bushings. Is there an alternative or something thats close enough? Perhaps from a gm product or a german car maybe?

I wouldn't bother except mine are soft and cracked like every other peice of 20 yo rubber. And im about to upgrade my shocks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
As far as i can tell the only rear shocks that come with new bushings are the koni's. Everything else, including bilstien, does not.

For a fact... The Gabriel shocks i used last time did not have any bushings with them. Im on original rubbers.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The last few years have really changed the market. What was once available is nla... And our cars are nla for parts.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Perhaps the kia stinger gt really is the new saab. Horrible trans records, high power potential, all the room.... Etc...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The "universal" or "problem solver" bushings are all way too small. And most parts stores dont stock much anymore that is vehicle specific. 2 local stores let me dig through what they had in the back and nothing was even close.

In light of everything going on, and my wife's car demanding some attention, unnecessary upgrades are gonna have to wait anyways.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
On eSaabparts? Almost everything they sell is a factory part, shipped directly from Orio. They're not going to be the cheapest for parts where aftermarket versions exist, but if you need the factory part, they really are about the cheapest place to get it. Shipping to your part of the world might be the killer, though.

·
Registered
607 Posts
And you found it cheaper somewhere else?
That's hardly relevant to whether $671.72 for a rear window screen and $125.18 for the rubber seal plus delivery is a reasonable price.
That's literally more than the value of the car.

And yes, I did get one cheaper. I had a piece of perspex cut to shape for $15.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Ok, but saying "prices are frightening " implies they are worse than other sources. Great that you have made a plastic window, but also understand perspex doesn't have a defroster, will discolor in the sun, and scratches very easily. Glass costs more because glass is a better option. Ask anyone who drives an E36 convertible and can no longer see out of the rear window...

·
Registered
607 Posts
Ok, but saying "prices are frightening " implies they are worse than other sources.
No it doesn't. It means what it says and nothing else.
Yes glass is better but I'm not paying $671.72 plus freight for it.
I can't find any 2nd hand either.

Aren't E36 convertible rear windows pliable plastic?
This one is stiff and UV treated and will likely outlast the car otherwise, I'll just buy another one.
Scratching has never been a problem.

·
Registered
2000 93 SE Vert Auto : 2001 93 SE Vert Manual
69 Posts
I just replaced my rear shocks and purchased the bushings from Eeuroparts. There were two bushings per shock that were alike, one for the top and bottom of the upper mount. They matched the shape of the OEM bottom bushing, but the OEM top bushing was a different shape. I ended up using the new bottom busing but reused the OEM top bushing as it was in very good condition, probably because it is protected from the elements.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmm. I had ordered the bushes from eeuro at the beginning of the month and they sent me an email several days later that the bushes were not in stock and were no longer available.

That is what started this whole thread after i spent a couple days looking and calling around.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts