SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i unlocked one of my rear seats to put it down while i had something long in my trunk. now, the seat won't lock. wtf? is there a trick? the lever in the trunk is not stuck open or anything. everytime i go to put the seat up, it just doesn't lock.

·
Registered
462 Posts
turbulence said:
i unlocked one of my rear seats to put it down while i had something long in my trunk. now, the seat won't lock. wtf? is there a trick? the lever in the trunk is not stuck open or anything. everytime i go to put the seat up, it just doesn't lock.
Sometimes you have to give them a good shove to get them to latch. Also check the release handle (but you did that already...).

·
Registered
86 Posts
yes its not just a "throw back as hard as u can" or a push as hard as you can....... you need to sit on the seat and put leverage straight into the locking mechanism by pushing directly onto the top of the seat

if it still doesnt work for you, try having your strongest family member attempt and if that still doesnt work then go to the dealer :cheesy:

·
Registered
86 Posts
vic i may be wrong but why would the back seats have an sid monitor...... every time someone put them down to stow something large in the car, you would get an alarm which would be very annoying

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Unfortunatly, there is a SID monitor for that. And yes it sucks that it goes off every time. But only if you first start the car. So it plays out like this: lower seat, alarm goes off. Hit clear. Turn car off & on again, new alarm. hit clear. That will continue as long as the seat is down.

Safety & driver awareness first you know! :cheesy:

·
Registered
297 Posts
U can clear the rear seat annoying SID message by just pressing clear button when it pops up first time. U can do this with all sid messages like time for intermediate service etc. So you dont have to see the nasty yellow image on ur SID while driving and all ur friends lookin at u in car like you gonna get them killed! I find it quite helpful when i need to fold seats to haul my stuff to and from school. Hope i didnt skim Viscouse's post too quick to see if he posted it. If you did my bad

It's late, i'm kinda lazy to re-edit or something.

·
Registered
462 Posts
JamaicanGanja said:
i guess once again my 'common sense' approach to the way things works is proven wrong by a car designer.... thx for the heads up vic
Common sense, perhaps, but the original poster is having trouble getting it to latch. For people that have children in the back seat, an unlatched seat could pose a big safety concern. Additionally, if the seats are unlatched and they tilt forward while you are driving, stuff in the trunk can enter the passenger cabin and distract the driver and such. Years ago, cars didn't have the "Door Ajar" warnings. Now they're standard on a lot of vehicles.

I find the SID warnings to be great. It would remind me when a headlight burns out. Where I live, 99% of our streets are lit at night and since the 9-3 headlights throw out so much light, it would be very hard to tell. Both times the headlight warning went off, I was thinking, "No way, I can still see fine."

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the opposite problem in my 03 9-3 convertable. I need to it down so u can access the hydrologic fluid for top because it wont go up or down admit!! Help, new to saab and this site !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts