SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

Does anyone knows how to remove the upper part of the back seat on a 9-3SS.

Have searched everywhere in the forums and google and still no instructions:roll:

Any help would be much appreciated!;ol;

·
Registered
9 Posts
1. Remove rear seat cushion.
2. Remove the center belt lower anchorage.
3. Open the luggage compartment and fold forward the rear backrest.
4. Lift up the outer edge of the 40% back rest from its mounting.
5. Angle the 40% backrest upwards/forwards so that it releases from the guide pin at the center mounting and take out the backrest.
6. Lift up the outer edge of the 60% backrest from its mounting.
7. Angle the 60% backrest upwards/forwards so that it releases from the guide pin at the center mounting and take out the backrest.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the instructions!,

Any suggestions on how to release the backrest from the guide pin? mines seem to be stuck.:(

1. Remove rear seat cushion.
2. Remove the center belt lower anchorage.
3. Open the luggage compartment and fold forward the rear backrest.
4. Lift up the outer edge of the 40% back rest from its mounting.
5. Angle the 40% backrest upwards/forwards so that it releases from the guide pin at the center mounting and take out the backrest.
6. Lift up the outer edge of the 60% backrest from its mounting.
7. Angle the 60% backrest upwards/forwards so that it releases from the guide pin at the center mounting and take out the backrest.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not sure. I haven't done this myself, just took the directions from WIS. A note that they put on there is that you need to remove the 40% backrest first before removing the 60% backrest.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Nice, somebody's finally stripping their car down for weight savings. Plus t eliminates the whole backseat driver issue ;ol;

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL!

Not exactly. I'm working on a project that I had planned back when I had my bimmer. Decided to do it on the saab.

I'm changing the Interior color with a leather dye. Problem is that by doing it with a foam brush it takes too damm long. I was trying to use my paint gun but the rear seat does not want to give in.

Here is a preview:cheesy:

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
WAIT WHAT?? You did the front seats and they turned out that good?!? Dude, please do a DIY on this. I'd be very interested in refreshing my interior to have the cinnamon BMW leather color... like yours!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
So ah you done yet?? I want to see this and figure out how much it would cost to do!

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
I did weight savings a while back, stripped entire back seat and trunk, and about half of the front interior. Weighed 3200 with me in it, I weigh 200 flat

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Please do a diy on this, def gonna do this to the wifes 06

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Yes and list what products you purchased, from what I can see of your driver's seat, that's the exact color I would go for. Looks excellent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts