SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I unbolted the front but I can't release it off the pin in the back.
The strap is non existent. How do I release it?
thanks

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I unbolted the front but I can't release it off the pin in the back.
The strap is non existent. How do I release it?
thanks
Look for a slot in the seat cover at the center of the seat. This is where the strap is supposed to be routed through. On my 90, I found the strap tucked in the slot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No slot in the seat for me. I can feel what seems like the actual slot that the strap used to go into from the back side. Underneath I can see the pin and the locking mechanism that it goes into but I can't reach inside where the strap was. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
44 Posts
im out this morning but i can take a picture of the mechanism of the rear seat in my garage later if that will help you figure it?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Have you tried removing the pins that the seat pivots on in the front? This may allow you to get the seat bottom out and repair the mechanism. There are 2 pins, one at each side which are held on by one of those spring-like washers. There is also a plastic tube that runs through the hole, so don't forget to remove it after removing the pins.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
No slot in the seat for me. I can feel what seems like the actual slot that the strap used to go into from the back side. Underneath I can see the pin and the locking mechanism that it goes into but I can't reach inside where the strap was. Any other ideas?
I had to reach inside the slot with a scribe to retrieve the cloth tab that was tucked inside. I originally thought that I would have to remove the latch assembly from the base of the seat. Take your time and look around. Sounds silly, but somtimes that let you notice things that make it easier. I thought the slot the cloth tab came through was just an upholstery fold until I got to look at one of my other cars;oops:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want to believe. I will search again. I never found the strap, so maybe it is still down there. This is definitely missing from the Bentleys, thanks for the encouragement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts