SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Noticing slight top rear wheel tilt in on my 08.
I’m at 23.5” from bottom wheel lip to bottom fender lip. 24.15”/610mm is the spot on number I need for my 05 at least. Solved that w/1.0” spring spacers from the Saab guy on eBay.
Just want to be sure numbers are same after 05 (assuming so) and I’ll probably go with 1.0” ones this time as well. This is drivers side which was the same case as my 05. Driver side tends to lean in first it seems on these. Thanks

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what condition are the bushes in?
Yeah I have not checked those. I usually do the front TA bushes in floor socket w/PowerFlex, but I’ve found even after doing that on my 05, I still had toe in. After putting spacers on it the wheels have been nice and straight for 40,000 miles. It has 217K on it now.
So I’ll do the spacers on the 08 and replace the TA bushes afterward.

·
Registered
886 Posts
My understanding is that if the rose bushes deform, that puts the toe out regardless of the TA bush’s condition. If you have corrected the height with spacers, replacing the bushes will put the toe out of whack the other way, I believe.

My rose bushes were shot (TA bushes had been replaced by previous owner) and replacing them brought everything back toward spec.

Many laser alignment places won’t adjust the rear toe because the computer says”no”. I showed them how to do it (the three boot anchorage near the TA bush), told them I’d take responsibility, and the rear toe was fine tuned. This was after replacement rear suspension units had been fitted.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My understanding is that if the rose bushes deform, that puts the toe out regardless of the TA bush’s condition. If you have corrected the height with spacers, replacing the bushes will put the toe out of whack the other way, I believe.

My rose bushes were shot (TA bushes had been replaced by previous owner) and replacing them brought everything back toward spec.

Many laser alignment places won’t adjust the rear toe because the computer says”no”. I showed them how to do it (the three boot anchorage near the TA bush), told them I’d take responsibility, and the rear toe was fine tuned. This was after replacement rear suspension units had been fitted.
Yeah I know shops won’t do the rear which I found odd at first, but now know why. I’ll do the spacers alone and see where I’m at. I just eyeball the rear from 20 ft back and then take it out and do the “ let go of wheel for 10-15 sec” to see if I’m comfortable with a straight rear end. I’ve become victim to pinched nerves in lower muscle of my back so I’ll do the least contortion of repair moves I can make for now.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I know shops won’t do the rear which I found odd at first, but now know why. I’ll do the spacers alone and see where I’m at. I just eyeball the rear from 20 ft back and then take it out and do the “ let go of wheel for 10-15 sec” to see if I’m comfortable with a straight rear end. I’ve become victim to pinched nerves in lower muscle of my back so I’ll do the least contortion of repair moves I can make for now. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I checked the rose bushing on my 06' 2 years ago at 180k and they looked brand new. So I returned the ones I ordered. I am glad they were in good shape because they look tough to replace.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
OP I installed 1" spacers and Bilsteins about 8-9 years ago and they are still doing great. The rose bushing is not damaged on my car. When they check my 4 wheel alignment they said it is still in spec.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
The ride height of the 06-09 w/ 17" wheels is:
  • Standard (non-Sport, non-Aero): 630mm front, 620mm rear
  • Sport/Aero: 620mm front, 610mm rear
In the U.S., I don't think the 06-09 cars came with any wheels except the 17" ones, but in case there were other options, here are those:

16" wheels:
  • 610mm front, 605mm rear
15" wheels:
  • 600mm front, 590mm rear

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
I am not sure how you derive your measurements. The factory measure from axle centreline to fender lip. I prefer to measure from ground to chassis. Either way my car on 17’s OEM with OEM original
springs is high at the rear.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Agreed. I dont always find the information from Saab accurate. My owners manual is 100% INCORRECT with the pictures and schematic for the under dash fuse and relay box . I also downloaded some wis info on throttle bodies for 9-5. The pictures are not that accurate or easy to follow. Therefore we had to find better diagrams. I did NOT have the new throttle body adjusted correctly. It gave me two codes on my cheap code reader but they were not pointing me to the issue. I am suspicious of the trim height procedure and results. Most cars especially wagons need at least 1/4 static ride height rake in the chassis, up at the rear , in my experience. Half tanks tire pressure set correctly

1 - 15 of 15 Posts