SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has a small dent in the rear quater just infront of the wheel arch. Its been there for a while, before I got the car, and started to rust.

Is the panel welded in?

the rest of the car is rust free, and good paintwork at 16 years old... not sure if i should get this bit fixed.

·
Registered
658 Posts
look closely at all the wheel arches and mouldings (esp. at the rear of the car) water and debris likes to sit and collect really doing a number on them....give the wheel arches a good squeeze (be careful-rust) anything soft? my last 9k looked awesome (paint/metal) until you got to the rear of the car....if rusting do your part but just enjoy, if still ok address before it gets out of control

·
Registered
367 Posts
some sod hit my car on day 6 of ownership in the rear 1/4 panel and drove off, no details, nice surprise in the morning......i took it to saab, they wanted 1,500 quid to repair it +VAT...ouch!

i took it to one of the well known chip removers....and they charged 300 quid, did the whole panel and surrounding area. granted its not an exact match in certain bright light but its pretty well near as dammit there and you'd have to know to look for it to notice it. take it onto one of them for a quote - they pulled the dent out of my rear door for about 50 quid, no paint needed just a polish. nothing to loose by asking, you might also be pleasantly surprised.

forgot to mention, that included where it had gone rusty along the bottom edge

1 - 3 of 3 Posts