SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooooo I've got some gremlins...

This all started when I noticed My Front Passenger door lock did not work or illuminate. So I pulled the door apart and noticed something was unplugged, plugged it back in and the door worked fine.

Then randomly a few weeks later the whole door stopped working . I left it this way as it winter and I did not want to fuss with it. Around the same time the Rear Pass door stoped working too...

Spring rolls around , I pull the door panel off the front pass door, noticed connector had came undone plugged it in and and boom all was well.

But now the Rear pass door is the issue

*Door is dead, no power lock, No Window Power, Nothing.
*If you try to use the window switch/module from the drivers door or on the rear pass door you will here a click within the door. I also tried another window switch/module on the rear pass door and it does the same thing
*All connectors seem good between car body and door and door and module/window switch

Here are is some background info/codes

*Car Has Aftermarket 75w HID's with Relay/cap combo
*Car Has LED Reverse lights with Relay/Resistor combo
*Car Has LED LP lights
*Car Has LED Interior lights
*Car Has brand new AGM Duracell battery as of last month (battery would go flat if the interior led lights were left on for 5mins)

*I just replaced the S.A.S in the CIM, Stability/tractions control is now fixed with no dash error light, this was an intermittent issue that had turned permanent.

*I'm thinking door harness? Do these have a history of going bad?

Pic of car*

·
Super Moderator
9,304 Posts
Driver's door switch pack. They go bad all the time. Replace it with new or take apart and try to clean electrical contacts.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THIS IS FIXED. and Your suggestion was incorrect, The fuse for that door was in the wrong spot at the trunk fuse block. This is why you never let anyone work on your SAAB who is not qualified!

·
Registered
649 Posts
THIS IS FIXED. and Your suggestion was incorrect, The fuse for that door was in the wrong spot at the trunk fuse block. This is why you never let anyone work on your SAAB who is not qualified!
Good catch. We actually had this happen once as well with a door and it was done at the SAAB dealership at the time (something not even remotely related to a door being worked on too). So even the "qualified" can mess things up.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
All u had to do is follow the circuit for the DTC u had in the list B1339.
Missing power, confirm its missing power and then look what feeds the circuit, trace it to the fuse slot where u will find it burned.
In ur case u will not find it at all

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was under the assumption the door still had power because you could still hear the relays/micro switches clicking.

Regardless that is exactly what I did once I discovered the door had no constant 12 power like the rest of the doors. I traced the power from the door through the car.

Truth be told I just didn't want to deal with it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I noticed you said you replaced a S.A.S In the CIM due to traction/stability control problems
I have the same problem, what is that that you changed? What does it stand for?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts