SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my '05 9-5, my rear parking sensors are not functioning. When reversing, the display at the top of the center console indicates that they're inactive. Any suggestions how to remedy this? Thanks/Daniel

·
Registered
2005 9-5 Aero
2,513 Posts
It could be that one of the sensors isn't working which would disable the system. I've heard that you can put the car in reverse with the E-brake on and listen for clicking at the bumper which would indicate the malfunctioning sensor.
My sensors only work when it's really hot outside, I've replaced all the sensors and checked the control unit that sits on the left side (driver side in North America) right behind the back seat back rest and have also tried to listen for this clicking sound but I've never hear this clicking when checking them. It could also be the wiring harness that feeds into the trunk lid, it's known for getting kinked.
The only sure way to know what the issue is would be with a Tech II so the sensors and other related SPA (SAAB Park Assist) components can be checked for functionality.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate your take on it. I'll start my investigation & let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Not sure any of the sensor wiring goes through the trunk lid loom.

Not meaning to be contrary, but mine malfunction about 20% of the time, going to defcon 5 as soon as I select reverse, and I can hear all four clicking when in reverse (engine off) with the constant alarm tone. Tech 2 showed two of mine were defective, but I haven't bothered replacing them as its not a continual problem.

As an aside, a thread on UKSaabs established that the newer and older sensor version, concentric circle vs truncated circle/racetrack shape, are interchangeable.

If it does sound a false alarm, I think you can shut it up temporarily by pressing one of the SID buttons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts