SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 turbo 900s. The beautiful back reflective panel - the one that goes across the whole back and connects to left and right lights - got cracked a while back. Didn't look too bad, but the thin crack apparently let water collect inside the unit - which first looked bad, and now is causing corrosion.

Does anyone know how I can track down and then install a new piece? It's such a great aspect of the design, and mine looked perfect, irght down to the medallion in the middle...

Please post or email me at [email protected]

Thanks, Larry

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Its held in by like 10 8mm nuts. You can get at them by removing the rear trunk trim. It also houses the tag lights, and NY loves any reason to pull you over.

Look on car-part.com good source of junkyards. Craigslist sometimes has people parting cars out too. Look for a body colored one from a 94-96 too.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Maybe you can converse with the one who wishes to clean up the rear appearance; otherwise, a toughie(expensive),IMO.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I masked mine off and tinted it with model car window tint from a hobby shop. It's nearly black and I think it looks much better.
Kind of off topic but just an idea for you. Good luck in your search.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts