SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Does anybody have these installed on there ng's. I thought I read somewhere that they wont fit the sport model. I was curious if they will fit my 98 900 se.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
i think they all come with front mudflaps, and i know they all come with center mudflaps. i plan to install the rear ones before next winter so that i no longer have to deal with road salt being kicked up on my rear panels.

·
Registered
10,520 Posts
The rear mudflaps are great. They look good, and more importantly, they keep the rear bumper much cleaner. The only cars they won't fit are 9-3s with the SE rear skirt or Viggens. I miss my rear mud flaps now that I have a Viggen bumper on my 900. It gets so much dirtier.

·
Registered
1995 NG900 2.3L
818 Posts
Fact is rear mudflaps (is this even the proper terminology?) are very rare on coupes and sedans and basically anything that is not a pickup truck.

If you wash your car yourself and constantly have to clean the area that would otherwise be protected by a mudflap, you understand their value very quickly. I don't care if they are deemed "unsightly" by others or the general automotive public, they look cool IMO and give the car that rally car appearance. Form and function.

And no, my aged '95 900S has never had them installed.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nah, the genuine Saab ones do look good. They kind of complete the rear wheel arch, continuing the metal arc shape.

I paid extra to buy and install them, my car only had the front ones, no regrets. Effective in winter too, otherwise snow and ice gets INSIDE the rear bumper and stays there.

I also consider them a must if you care about people behind you on the motorway. Less stones and dirt hitting their windshields.

Also, it saves money, too :D Now that I have them, they preclude me from wanting to install the SE rear skirt, not cheap btw ))

Not needed in sunny California, yeah. Otherwise a no-brainer :D

·
Registered
1995 NG900 2.3L
818 Posts
Now we need some pictures of your rear flaps!

I know, at least, that they do not hang down like the mudflaps on tractor trailers (18 wheelers or what have you) and they are streamlined in appearance but I'm curious as to how they really look, especially with some nice wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts