SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I have heard different things from different people on this. Is there, or is there not, a SAAB rear mud guard that fits the sport kit (with the rear lip spoiler). I don't know about the Aero, and I'm not talking about a Viggen... just for the basic sport kit. I have the somewhat rare rear mud guards for my 1998 900, and they do kinda fit my 2002, but there is a gap at the top of the interior guard owing to the lowered profile of the sport kit rear lip. Help!

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
They only made the one set of rear mud flaps. There was never a set that fit the 9-3 with the rear lip spoiler, or one that fit the Viggen/Aero. Only NG900 owners and base model 9-3 owners got to enjoy clean rear bumpers. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I figured, but it's good to finally get a definitive answer. That was my suspicion... Now, to get busy with my improvised fix... Thanks, and take good care.

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
The rear mud guards did not do a whole lot. I"m sure they did something, but what, was a question.

OEM mudguards on my NG900 (no ground effects) gone with the car.

·
Registered
17,945 Posts
You might be able to reshape the 900 guards using a heat gun. I have a set from my ng900 too that I was going to fit to my Viggen bumper but they are too different. There's no way they will ever adapt. I'm selling them off.

However, some testing on other factory mudflaps from another vehicle showed me that they do seem to be able to be reformed. Disclaimer is that the ones I tested on are from a Nissan... eventually they will make an appearance on my car.

·
Registered
17,945 Posts
They only made the one set of rear mud flaps. There was never a set that fit the 9-3 with the rear lip spoiler, or one that fit the Viggen/Aero. Only NG900 owners and base model 9-3 owners got to enjoy clean rear bumpers. :)
Jeremy: So the NG900 factory rear flaps will fit the 9-3 base (non-airflow) cars? I was wondering about that. The cars look the same but I was never able to compare them side by side.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I can confirm they fit a base 99 9-3 as I bought them new for like 50 bucks long ago and put them on. I think i sold them to member Burnside for like $40 when I turn the 9-3 into a vig clone

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
I think I got some of the last ones eEuro could get, back in 2012. Of course they went with the car. It just wasn't worthwhile trying to part out a non-turbo base coupé.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts