SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I could source the middle reflector/ light which has the saab emblem on it in this photo? Or know the name of the part? T.I.A
Wheel Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Car Tire

·
Registered
19,251 Posts
Was a later ng900 feature. Might or not fit the 9-3 if that's what you are thinking. I don't know if any "upgrades".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was a later ng900 feature. Might or not fit the 9-3 if that's what you are thinking. I don't know if any "upgrades".
That’s what I was thinking, the body shape looks almost identical to the 9-3 so I presumed it would fit!

·
Registered
19,251 Posts
That’s what I was thinking, the body shape looks almost identical to the 9-3 so I presumed it would fit!
At the least you need to drill holes. But I recall a suggestion that the NG900 lights were different than the OG 9-3. I'm not sure though. Might be a case where you need to switch all the lights to NG900. Hopefully someone here has tried swapping those parts.

If you're looking for a junkyard part, I believe those center panels are '97 and '98 NG900 only.

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
The NG900 put the licence plate underneath that filler panel. The OG9-3 put it between the taillights. So I very much doubt that you can set this up on a 9-3, at least without a lot of work.

By the way, that panel is neither particularly reflective, nor does it light up. And I did think about modifying mine to light up, but that's basically impossible too, unless you do some sophisticated plastic work and use LEDs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts