SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get the message onthe SID.
the brake, turn and backup lights all work.

There is one bulb out on the 3rd brake light. Would that be enough to do it?

It is a convertible with the 3rd brake light in the trunk. Do I pull the bulb from inside?

Could it be the rear fog lights? I can't figure them out. I push the button on the dash and nothing happens. Should it stay in like the front fog lights? Does the button light up?

·
Registered
18,908 Posts
If you'll add the year of your car to your profile, we can answer questions better.

Whether the rear fog switch latches in is dependent on year. They did latch until about 1996. After that they went to momentary switches. They light an orange indicator on the dash. The switch lights with the hearlights, but it doesn't indicate that the rear light is on or off. That's the opposite of the front fogs.

Your owner's manual should have instructions for changing the bulb (yes, from the inside). If you have a post 2000 9-3, look here: http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/owners-manual/saab_owner_manuals.html. Most of it applies to the NG900 and '99 9-3, but there are differences.

I believe the DICE is measuring actual current flow. A bulb being down will probably turn on the warning on the SID. Replace it and see if it helps.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Should there me a rear fog light bulb on each side? I only had one bulb on the drivers side. I moved the bulb to the other side and it worked. I will try a new one tomorrow.

I thought I read in the manual that only the drivers side had the light

1 - 4 of 4 Posts