SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have recently fitted clear indicator / sidelight clusters on the front of my 'vert which look great, but now the back looks a bit dated and tired in comparison. Anybody know if it's possible to get more modern looking white / red style rear clusters? I can't remember seeing anyone selling them...

Cheers

·
Registered
818 Posts
You cant buy them but there are instructions on how to make them somewhere :cheesy: I cant remember the site but someone here might know.

·
Banned
7,270 Posts
I think those instructions are for the saloon / vert style lights.

You could darken the rear lights. I might do that. I tried polishing the plastic but it isn't the correct type of plastic so it melts if you try to improve the appearance.

·
Registered
565 Posts
First I made them darker. The top half that is.. looked quite good, but the lights were very dim, especially during daytime.
Now I painted the indicators red. I didn't paint the back-up lights though. Looks even better now imo, red-white and very bright :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oliver - like the sound of what you've done! Don't suppose you have a photo you could upload or e-mail to me - would like to see how they look.

Have thought about making some, but not too sure where I could get some diffusing material. Also thought about using LED lights on a black background with a lightly smoked undiffused plastic cover - I'm sure I could easily (shouldn't have said that...) mould some covers...:cheesy:

·
Registered
818 Posts
ejenner said:
I think those instructions are for the saloon / vert style lights.
Thats true but it wouldent be very difficult to do it on hatch lights, I mean you fabricate the parts yourself so you could make any shape.

·
Banned
7,270 Posts
I've asked for a quote for an injection molding tool which will alow us to make some new rear lenses. It will be quite difficult to produce (hence the reason it isn't already available) so there would have to be significant interest registered before we could give them the go-ahead.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe we could get a list of people together who are genuinely interested - there must be enough people worldwide who would like some tasty clusters for their 900's to make it worthwhile manufacturing them. As far as I can tell, the clear front clusters are very popular - seems strange that nobody is producing rears.

Come on fellow SAABers - let's unite behind a common and very worthwhile cause!

The list starts here (usernames ok?):cheesy:

hfdtaylor

·
Registered
510 Posts
clear tails is a sensitive area if you are concerned with keeping everything safe and legal. altezza led tails are pretty stupid looking if you are going that route. but then again it would to pretty custom and unique. But if there will be just plain ol clear, then count me in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts