SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear glass on my 2002 9-3 SE creaks every time I go around a corner. If I push down on the glass itself, the creak also becomes apparent.

I've searched the internet, and came up only with the possibility that the rear glass is bolted on? If so, maybe a bolt or two have come loose?

·
Registered
10,466 Posts
The glass itself or the entire hatch? The glass is glued on, so if that's the problem, you'd have to have a glass shop reseal it. The hatch itself could easily creak if the bump stops weren't adjusted correctly, or if the weatherstripping could use a little lube. I'd start with the bump stops. Unscrew them all the way out and then back in a couple of turns. See if that firms the hatch up.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding. It is just the glass. I adjusted the bump stops to get the hatch to seat properly and securely a while ago. But if I push at the very base of the plastic strip that surrounds the glass, it creaks. It is the area that meets the spoiler. I may remove the spoiler and see if I can sneak some grease or sealant underneath to stop this annoying creaking. It creaks every time I go around a corner. There's no water leak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts