SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my rear fog light doesnt work. I checked the fuse that is located rite next to the steering wheel and the switch lights up green when you push the rear fog button in. I checked the bulbs in the back and they all seem to be working, i only see three bulbs back there, brake light, turn signals and reverse light. This is on both sides. Am i missing somethin here, but why wouldnt the rear fog work? Sorry for the newbie question, but i searched a few times on here for hte answer, but havent found anything worthwhile to help in my situation

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
The rear fog is in a different housing closer to the liscece plate light. Its actually in the hatch itself.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Only the left rear fog should work. Why? It has something to do with some stupid US Department of Transportation rule that thought American drivers would confuse Euro-spec rear fogs with brake lights.

Some folks have gotten around it tho....

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
They would definatly get confused. I have people telling me I have a brake light out with just the singal rear fog on.

btw, how come audi's, at least the a6 can have two rear fogs? hmmm....

·
Registered
11,140 Posts

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Yes !

I am one of those "law breakers" with two rear fogs.

Correct me if I am wrong - they use a 1073(or equivalent) bulb..

And our government is not on the stick, not for the benefit of those with 3 digit IQs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hehe, oh well, here its the 4x4 drivers who drive with fogs on when when they are not needed to be, so we get doubly blinded :eek:

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
We have the same problem with those inconsiderate nincompoops in the states.

And the height of their fogs is where our headlights are...

·
Registered
9,406 Posts
mike saunders said:
It has something to do with some stupid US Department of Transportation rule that thought American drivers would confuse Euro-spec rear fogs with brake lights.
No, it's actually the Europeans that only use one rear fog light. There are two sockets for left and right hand drive countries. I don't think the US government has a single law about the things. Some cars, like the Lamborghini Diablo, had one backup light and one rear fog light in Europe, but had two rear backup lights in the US. Some other cars, like the Lexus GS300, have their rear fog lights converted into brake lights for us.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Mine has 2 but I don't know if it came from the factory that way. I use them when it is really foggy or if someone is tailgating me. :cheesy:

Dan

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I fitted the 2nd bulb. Great for, as already stated, getting tailgaters off your back. Oh and also super for fog, which does roll in off the bay quite a bit (have been standing 20 feet from a 4 story building had not a clue it was there), and also good for heavy rainstorms when the mist is flying up from behind every car. Now if only ever other car had them, I'd be able to see those cars.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks guys, i didnt realize the rear fog was in the hatch door, i replaced the bulb and it stopped working, now its for the front fogs, neither one works, hopefully its jus the bulbs also.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts