SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 9-5 Arc. I failed inspection today because my license plate lights were out. I replaced the bulbs and they are still out.
I checked all fuses and they are ok.
I turned on the rear fog light and the SID display reads "Fog Lamp failure".
I check the bulb and it's ok. the fuse is ok.
I have brake lights, turn signals, back up lights, tail lights, trunk light. the trunk release is working.
Help
where do I start and what do I look for?
thanks
Bob

·
Registered
855 Posts
My dad had a similar problem on his, except his reversing lights were out too. Was a bad loom out on the trunk-lid. Might start poking around wires there and see if you can figure out what is getting power and what is not.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Saaby said:
My dad had a similar problem on his, except his reversing lights were out too. Was a bad loom out on the trunk-lid. Might start poking around wires there and see if you can figure out what is getting power and what is not.
Yes the wiring from the car to the trunk at the trunk lid is a common problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help.

The problem was at the top of the loom where it goes into the hard fitting at the trunk lid. All wires were frayed and 2 were broken.
I jumped the 2 broken ones and now have all lights working. I taped the frayed wires and then reinserted the fixed fitting.
thanks .
Bob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey,

I have a very similar problem. I had my 1999 Saab 9-5 in for a safety this past week, and everything passed except for the Rear License plate lights. I decided to do the fix myself, as I know wiring can be labour intensive. Taking the advice of others, I looked at the wiring loom between the car and the trunk, and sure enough there are two broken wires. The problem is that they are BOTH green... which one goes where? Or does it matter?

Does anyone have a schematic or wiring diagram for whats going on here?
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
bones349 said:
Hey,

I have a very similar problem. I had my 1999 Saab 9-5 in for a safety this past week, and everything passed except for the Rear License plate lights. I decided to do the fix myself, as I know wiring can be labour intensive. Taking the advice of others, I looked at the wiring loom between the car and the trunk, and sure enough there are two broken wires. The problem is that they are BOTH green... which one goes where? Or does it matter?

Does anyone have a schematic or wiring diagram for whats going on here?
Thanks!
Don't have my WIS at work...:cry:

But if you look further up and down the line you might find that one is green and white (a stripe or dashes?) and the other is just green....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts