SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all,

First and foremost, thanks for reading my post!!!

Despite getting rear ended today, I am in a great mood! My car kept me safe and I am very impressed with how the car stood up. I was stopped at a red light and I always leave some room infront of me and the car infront incase I need an exit plan from some stupid driver. Many occasions this has saved me from being hit and today I was able to move forward but not far or fast enough. I got slammed into hard!!

After washing my baby and getting underneath for a good look, I am very impressed with the strength of this bumper! No cracks that I can see, styro underneath seems ok, as well as the hallow steel bumper. All of the clips seem to be strong and doing their jobs still. Only damage I can see is the deep scuff marks from the contact. I am getting it looked at and an estimate done tomorrow afternoon by the shop suggested by my dealer. Is there anything I should look for and have them look for besides the obvious? I am getting atleast three estimates done. Is this overkill?

This is the thrid time I have been rear ended, the first time in my SAAB. By far, this is the least amount of damage out of the three and I am simply shocked! All were at about the same speed. My previous car, a 2003 was almsot written off for a rear end collision $8000 in damages!

The guy that hit me wants to pay out of his pocket...Ive got all of his info incase he wants to mess around and made sure my insurance company is aware of the situation and have given them a copy of his info incase they need to go after him on my behalf.

Anyone else been impressed with their SAAB build after a collision?

Anything I should be aware of when taking it in for estimates? Thanks in advance.

Drew

·
Registered
759 Posts
Pictures???? Glad you are ok!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
3 estimates might be a little overkill, but it's your car. Better to be safe than sorry. If it was hit hard you might have them look at the drivers seat too, since you have the neck brace in there. That's about the only other thing besides your trunk area.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for all the posts and good wishes!! I really appeciate it. My digital camera is on the fritz but will borrow my lovely girlfriends and snap some pics.

Will keep you guys posted.
Drew

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I was rear-ended about a month ago, lightly - by a really cute young lady, which made the situation a bit better to deal with. I received three quotes because I felt bad for the person (for obvious reasons).
Despite the lack of damage, GM wanted to charge between 700-900 for the repairs. I found a body shop that did an excellent job and only charged $340. Mind you, this was only a paint job, no bumper damage or cracking.

Point is, it's best to get three quotes - and I think its smart you made your insurance company aware, but I'm surprised they don't want to try and get the other parties insurance involved.. ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts