SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So sadly, I rear-ended someone yesterday morning in bad traffic and bad weather in my beloved 2006 9-3 2.0T. The only damage to my car is that the hood won't close.

The hood isn't bent or crumpled at all, it can still open and close when you pop it from inside, and the latch still functions. The amount it's open is the same amount it opens when you pop the hood with the lever -- so when
I popped it to inspect it yesterday, the hood didn't open more than it already was, but the latch released like it's supposed to.

Under the hood on either side of the latch there are two male pieces with coils around them, and on the metal part inside where everything should latch together properly, there are two female openings where these male coils should be fitting when the hood is closed. I think the front of the frame where my grill is was dented in ever so slightly and now these male pieces don't fit where they're supposed to, hence my hood being unable to completely shut.

Here's the thing, I do not want my dad to find out about this and we only have liability insurance anyway. Is there a way I can undent/pull out the frame just enough that the male pieces fit into their female counterparts myself?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is adjustment in hood springs and even locks. Loose fitting screws and move them.
So are you saying I can adjust the male pieces with coils so they fit into the newly dented frame? Am I understanding correctly? I'm sorry I'm not a car person

1 - 5 of 5 Posts