SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a nice blizzard came through MTL 2 days ago and it was the thick slushy kind. Boy oh boy did my winter tires and ABS have a tough time stopping my ARC at 30km stops. Anyway was coming up at an intersection with a greyhound bus in front and was about 3-4 car lengths behind when I applied the brakes. I don't know if there was ice also underneath the snow because my car just slide like it was on black ice and the ABS could barely stop the car. By the time I came up to the bus I was almost at a dead stop, but still moving and gave it a nice thud. The bus never stopped so it wasn't as hard as I thought. I pulled over to see the damage and to my surprise...nothing. No cracks, or scratches. It must have been the rubber stopped on the buses rear bumper that saved me. Anyway went out to day to fill my washer fluid and I pulled on the lever and it won't budge. The hood is free to be pushed down from the emblem, but the cable is jammed, and I had the hood open before the incident. Any ideas to open it up?

·
Registered
56 Posts
My hood release cable seized up recently. The metal clip that holds it in place had cut through the plastic sleeve and exposed the metal, which made it rust. I was still able to open the hood by taking off the centre grill piece and reaching in to press the release mechanisms with a screwdriver. Just be careful if you try to take off the grill, the plasti clips are not very forgiving. :/

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
If no garage, would warming them gently with a hair dryer help? Cold plastic is even more brittle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts