SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, are the rear calipers the same for all OG9-3's?

Esaabparts gives different numbers for the viggen and non-viggen calipers? So asking...

Thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
after some reading it looks like both are the same except the caliper mounting hardware to be different from aero/viggen vs. non-aero. Am i correct?

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Only the front calipers have different mounting brackets compared to a standard 9-3. The rears are exactly the same, other than the fancy slotted rotors that the Viggen came with. The Viggen does use slightly different front rotors, which are shared with the 1999-2001 9-5 Aero, but they're very similar to the standard 9-3 calipers, and no one that I've seen has changed the calipers themselves. Only the brackets typically get changed if you're upgrading to 308mm rotors.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
The rear Viggen caliper seems to have some difference, but it's not in the piston diameter nor the brake pad that fits in there. The hub and mounting hardware are same for all cars. (Looking at both WIS and EPC.)

I presume it's some difference in finish or similar; it sure doesn't look like a functional difference.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
The rear Viggen caliper seems to have some difference, but it's not in the piston diameter nor the brake pad that fits in there. The hub and mounting hardware are same for all cars. (Looking at both WIS and EPC.)

I presume it's some difference in finish or similar; it sure doesn't look like a functional difference.
Which is why you should upgrade to the 2002-2005 9-5 Aero rear calipers and rotors!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts