SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now the weather's getting warmer, I'm getting round to all those jobs I've been putting of.

OK. I think this is a fairly comon problem - the side panels of the back bumper dont reach the wheel arches - they've dropped by about an inch. I can't see how they're fixed on... anyone got any idea on setting them right?

Second - Door Rot - I know, we've all got it. Those doors love to keep rain don't they? What's the best way of sorting it out? One door, front drivers, is going to have to be replaced, it's too far gone, but the others are only superficial rust. I was thinking, Krust (or something similar), prime and then black paint. I've got an Embassy blue car, but with grey leather, so it might work..

Your thoughts gentlemen.

·
4,637 Posts
The bumper extensions are attached by rubber pieces screwed to the inside of the wheel arch (these holes can rust out), by hooking onto rails screwed to the panel and by a small screw to the bottom corner of the bumper itself.

Unscrew the screws and refit to the rail...

You probably won't get kurust onto the rusty bits inside the doors. Clear out the drain holes, wash out the inside of the door, dry well (use a heat gun (carefully lest you damage the paintwork)). Then douse the inside of the door liberally with Finegan's Waxoyl (TM), using the heat gun to help it run over all of the metal and especially to make sure the drain holes remain clear...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts